Wednesday, April 8, 2015

McCalls 7108, Girl's Dress...Oscar De La Renta Inspired

 
I felt inspired to make this pink gingham dress by Oscar De La Renta. You can purchase online at a cost between $225 and $395, The reason for the high price tab..silk and brand name. If you don't want to spend much, you can make the trip to Hancock or Joanne and purchase the cotton blend for around $6/yard. You can use silk gingham taffeta for around $24/yard and still make it cheaper.
 
 

I made a shrug to complement the dress.  So, total cost including the shrug was less than $30.00

 
 
I used my edge stitch /stitch in the ditch foot to sew two pieces of trim together. I did not make my trim as high as the dress in the photo. This is a size 5, and I just did not think it would look right with a trim that high. I was able to match this border trim with the trim on the shrug.
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment