Saturday, April 25, 2015

Simplicity 1519...Handbag


Okay, this is the very first bag I have made. I used Simplicity 1519 to construct it. I did make a few alterations to the pattern. Instead of using the jute to place on the upper border of the purse, I used (what I believe to be) a micro suede. I found this fabric at Hancock on the Home Decor Value table. The body of the purse is made from the same type of fabric, also found on the Home Decor Value table. 


                                     

 The second alteration was adding a zipper pocket. The pattern includes instructions for one open pocket but no zipper pocket. I thought an extra pocket was needed for all the junk I throw in my purse. I also added the faux leather?? across the open pocket. I also slipped stitched the lining to the purse.
                               


I spent too much time in the store trying to coordinate webbing and belting to match the purse. I went home and decided to make the straps from some of the extra fabric I had after making the border.


And to complete the bag, I added a little personalization or customization...a name and a logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment